Popular Post

Friday, February 11, 2011

Kelly Bensimon: Building Wells For Haitian Kids



The Real Housewives of New York City star Kelly Bensimon is on a mission to make this world a better place for children. Over the past month, Kelly has raised $10,000 for Generosity Water, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing clean water to developing nations. Kelly will even make a four-day trip to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Feb. 15 to help build wells so the nation’s people access to clean water.

“We are going to be physically digging the wells, working with them in Haiti,” Kelly tells Hollywood Life exclusively. “We’re going to be visiting different villages in Haiti — in the trenches and really be a part of it.”

Kelly’s motivation? “When I heard that children are dropping out of school to walk four miles to get water, that was the kicker for me,” she says. “I was like, ‘No, you go to school and I’ll get you water.”

Kelly works closely with Generosity Water’s founder Philip Wagner and Philip’s son, Jordan Wagner, who serves as executive director for the foundation.

“I’ve never done anything like this,” Kelly says. “I’ve raised a lot of money for different organizations in New York, but this is the first time I’m going to a foreign country and being incredibly active.” Kelly first got involved with in this mission in July 2010.

It costs $3,000 to build a single well, Kelly tells us. She has enough to dig three wells right now, but would love to be able to dig more.

“I would love my fans to support me in this endeavor,” Kelly says. “They will be insuring that people all over the world will be able to drink clean water, something that’s a luxury to us. Remember, you work hard, you love hard and you give hard. Do something!”

You can help Kelly raise money for by visiting this website and making a donation. The minimum donation is $5.

Credit: Lindsey DiMattina for Hollywood Life

No comments:

Post a Comment