Popular Post

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bethenny Frankel Talks Marriage, Reality Show

http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/bethenny-frankel-280406.jpgLast night marked the second season premiere of Bethenny Frankel's spinoff Bethenny Ever After, so to promote the big event Bethenny participated in a media call to address baby Bryn, the Real Housewives marriage curse, why she decided to come back for Season 2 and, of course, Jill Zarin.

What was behind your decision to keep doing the show? One would imagine it gets increasingly more difficult to have a camera crew following you around your home as you add a family and more people to your immediate lives.
Bethenny: Well, it gets more difficult and, without getting into the details of my relationship with Bravo, I have a commitment. It's not like you get to be like, I want to do one season and then, you've spent all this money on advertising and crew and all of that and we're done. [But] will I be doing this forever? No.

You've mentioned how you feel the obligation to allow the cameras to film your natural daily life. But is there anything that you and Jason have drawn the line at?
Bethenny: You know, it's not that I want them to be in here every time I go to the bathroom. It's that if he and I in general have had the same argument six times over about marriage or money or life or in-laws or something, at some point I want to let the cameras catch that because I just hate when you watch these shows and someone's, like, broken up with their boyfriend and you see them laying there in full makeup pretending that they're sad. I just want it to be real and if we're going to do this at all and we're going to portray our relationship I want people to get the whole picture.

As you know, a lot of Real Housewives marriages have broken up and you've seen it on the show. Was there at all a concern over kind of that Housewives curse?
Bethenny: I mean listen, the Housewives could ruin a lot of things. I'm very happy that I'm not on the Housewives anymore because it's just a whole different place. But my show, I'm an executive producer. I'm involved in decisions -- nothing gets shot if I don't know it's getting shot. And if Jason and I became unhappy as a result of the show or there were problems we wouldn't do it.

Jason was on a season of Real Housewives of New York. Were there problems then?
Bethenny: Listen, my boyfriend first season did not want to be on the show, did not think it was a good idea, had no interest in it. Jason and I could never have stayed on the Housewives together. He's like 'I don't like these women. I don't like what this represents. It's nonsense and it's just catty and it's' -- you know, he hated it.

Were there any moments shooting this season where you were thinking, I wish the cameras weren't here? Like when Bryn's changing or crying?
Bethenny: No, because then it wouldn't be real and it wouldn't be a good show. No, not at all. Especially with her, no, she's just a nice, easy kid. But no, it's just been great. I don't regret anything because could you imagine if I just kept out everything that was embarrassing or my breakdown on my birthday or me uncomfortable with Jason's parents or whatever, then it'd be a terrible show.

As far as your relationships with the other Housewives, has Jill Zarin met Bryn?
Bethenny: No, Jill has not met Bryn, no. That's not even a hard one, that's an easy one.


Credit: Televsion Without Pity (Mindy Monez)

No comments:

Post a Comment